Unity FM Studio Gutted by Fire

0
118

The production studio of the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria’s Unity FM, Abakiliki was on Monday gutted by fire.

The General Manager of the station, Mr Rex Eze, said the fire was caused by an electrical fault, and it burnt the production studio completely.

He noted that workers were in the studio when the fire broke out but no life was lost.

He said various items, including computers, laptops, furniture, and electrical appliances were damaged by the fire.

“There was a bang shortly after our engineers changed from public power line to the generator.

“I thanked God that the fire did not affect the transmitter, the live studio and my office,” Eze said.

The Head of the Ebonyi State Fire Service, Mr Raphael Ibiam, who also confirmed the incident, described the fire outbreak as sad.

He said, however, that firemen were able to put off the fire before it could cause more damage.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here